The Course Catalog/Registration page of the PD Center is where you can search for, preview, and register for courses offered through the PD Center.
1. You can access the Course Catalog/Registration by clicking on the Menu button in the upper right corner of the PD Center and selecting Course Catalog/Registration.
2. You may search for a course by name by typing in the title of the course or a keyword in the Course Name or Keyword search bar and clicking on the magnifying glass icon. You may also browse courses by course option or Danielson Framework domain, by selecting an option(s) from the menu.
3. Each course listing contains several pieces of information. The Descriptors identify which course option(s) the course is classified under. The Act 48 Hours are the number of Act 48 hours that will be awarded upon course completion. The Duration is the maximum amount of time you have to complete the course (note you can work at your own pace within this time frame).
4. Click the Options button to preview, register, or bookmark a course. Previewing allows you to view the course content before determining if you wish to take the course. Selecting Register will allow you to fill out the registration form for the course. Selecting Add to Bookmarks will add the course to the Bookmarks section on your PD Center Dashboard.
5. The Course Registration form is pre-populated with your information. Confirm your information by clicking Register.
Important note: A PPID is required to receive Act 48 credits.
It is possible to take PD Center courses without a PPID. To do so, check the box next to the statement declaring that you understand that if your PPID is not entered, you will not receive Act 48 credits.
6. Once you have registered, you can access your course(s) form the My Classes page. Click the Menu button and select My Dashboard (see the PD Center: My Dashboard article for more information) or My Classes. (See the PD Center: My Classes article for more information).
7. To view the catalog of Leadership courses available, click on the Leadership tab. Leadership (PIL) classes are designed for school leaders.
8. You may search for a course by name by typing in the title of the course or a keyword in the Course Name or Keyword search bar and clicking on the magnifying glass icon. You may also browse courses by course Region or Principal Evaluation Rubric domain, by selecting an option(s) from the menu.
To register for or learn more about PIL Blended offerings, visit the PA Inspired Leaders (PIL) Program page.