The Act 126 course is also known as the Professional Ethics and the Educator Discipline Act.
1. To register for the Act 126 course, you will need to access the Course Catalog/Registration by clicking on the Menu button in the upper right corner of the PD Center and selecting Course Catalog/Registration.
2. On the Course Catalog/Registration screen, select the box next to Act 126 from the Course Options menu on the left side of the screen.
3. There are three different tracks of the Act 126 course, Chief Administrator Track, Staff Track, and Teacher Track. Click Options next to the track of the course that best corresponds to your role at your school.
From the Options button, select Description to read a description of the course, or select Register to fill out the registration form for the course.
4. The Course Registration form is pre-populated with your information. Confirm your information by clicking Register. Important note: A PPID is required to receive Act 48 credits.
5. Once you have registered, access your course from the My Classes page. Click the Menu button and select My Classes. (See the PD Center: My Classes article for more information).
6. On the My Classes page, find your course. Please note that you have 60 days to complete the course, but can work at your own pace. The total course duration is approximately 3 hours. Click Options next to your course. Select Go to Classroom to begin the course or Withdraw to withdraw from the course.
7. The course will begin with the Introduction page. Please review this page and click the Next button in the bottom right corner.
You will then be taken to the Acknowledgements page. Please review this page and click the Next button in the bottom right corner to access Module 1 of the course.
8. Click the arrow button on the Module 1 page to begin the course.
9. If you choose to complete the course in multiple sessions, use the Navigation bar to access the last Module that was opened. Please note that the check marks next to a Module indicate that the Module was started, not that the module was completed.
10. When you have successfully passed the course by completing all four modules and the assessment, you will be able to access your Completion Certificate under My Past Classes. Click the menu in the upper right corner, then select My Past Classes.
On the My Past Classes screen, find your course and select the Options button next to it. Click on View Certificate to access your Act 126 Completion Certificate.