Note that you must have the Curriculum Map Admin permission to create curriculum map templates. Please contact your IU to obtain this permission.
1. To access the Curriculum Mapping Tool, hover your cursor over Curriculum Framework along the top header of the site, and select the Curriculum Maps option from the drop down list.
2. Alternatively, click on Curriculum Framework, and then select the Curriculum Maps option.
3. Click Add New Curriculum Map to create a new map.
Alternatively, to search for an existing map that you wish to edit, use a search preference at the top of the page or use the Grade and Subject filters along the left side of the page to enter a new search. You may use the keyword search box if you know the title of your map. Once your map appears, click the title to open it.
4. Give your map a title and select the template you wish to use from the drop down box.
Click the yellow Tags button to add Grade(s), Subject(s), and Course(s). Then, click Create.
Note that users who have the Curriculum Map Admin permission (available by contacting your IU) may create their own template by selecting Create New Template from the template drop down list. See Creating a Template section of the manual for further instructions.
5. There are three types of column:
Standards: Select standards based on a search for grades and subjects. These will include a hyperlink to the standard in our View Standards section to provide easy access to the Materials & Resources linked to that standard.
Curriculum Framework: Select Big Ideas, Essential Questions, Concepts, or Competencies based on a search for grades and subjects.
Text: A text editor that allows you to add additional information not found in the Standards or Curriculum Framework.
6. The Standards and Curriculum Framework columns allow you to search for and enter the Standards, Eligible Content, Big Ideas, Essential Questions, Concepts, and Competencies. To add a Curriculum Framework Alignment, click in the cell you wish to edit.
On the pop up that appears, select a preset preference or click Choose Grades and Subjects to enter search criteria. Once you have entered your search criteria, you may wish to collapse this section using the blue minus sign in the top right corner.
Use the arrows to drill down (in the Curriculum Framework) and click the Add button to add an alignment. The number of alignments you have added will automatically update on the Current Alignments tab. When you have added all of your alignments, click Save.
To remove an alignment, click in the cell, click Current Alignments, and click Remove. Then, click Save for the changes to take effect.
7. When selecting the Text column type, you can edit cells using the Text Editor by clicking into the cell you wish to edit and type directly into the text box that appears. Click Save before closing the editor to save your work into the cell.
Use the Insert menu to insert images and/or links to materials in your ePortfolio.
8. To add standards, select the Standards column type, then click in the cell you wish to edit.
On the pop up that appears, select a preset preference, click Choose Grades and Subjects, or click Filter by Standard Types to enter search criteria. Once you have entered your search criteria, you may wish to collapse this section using the blue minus sign in the top right corner.
Type in your search criteria in the Search Bar, then click the Add Standard button, then the Save button.
9. You can add rows to your curriculum map using the Options button (see number 14 below). Rows can be moved using the gear located to the right of each row and clicking the arrow, or by dragging and dropping the row to a new location using the stacked boxed on the left of each row.
You can delete an entire row by clicking the gear icon at the end of the row and then clicking the trash can icon.
10. The Curriculum Map editor also includes the ability to add Information Boxes, Security, Tags, as well as a menu of other Options. Click the yellow Options Menu at the top of the map to access these options.
11. Information Boxes may contain relevant information that does not fit into a column on the map. These can be positioned at the top or the bottom of the map. Click the Information Boxes button to add one.
Add a Name, determine the location of the box, and add your content, then click Save.
The information will appear in a box above or below the map. Click the gear on the right side of the box to change it's location or delete it.
12. Map security allows you to grant access to some or all of the organizations in your district. Click the checkbox in front of the organizations you wish to be able to access the map (you may wish a map to be available to secondary teachers but not elementary, so you would check only secondary schools in your district). To access map security, click Security.
13. Tags are the Grade, Subject Area, and/or Course associated with the template. Setting these will allow maps to be searched by grade, subject, or course. Click Tags and select the option(s) you would like to add.
14. The Options menu contains several necessary options for creating your Curriculum Map. Click Options to open this menu.
Here, you can Add a New Row, Hide the Header, Add the Map to your ePortfolio, Export the Map to Excel, or Print Your Map.
Clicking Add New Row will add a row to the bottom of your map.
15. To view the map in a panel format, click the Panel radio button.