Note that you must have the Curriculum Map Admin permission to create curriculum map templates. Please contact your IU to obtain this permission.
1. To access the Curriculum Mapping Tool, hover your cursor over Curriculum Framework along the top header of the site, and select the Curriculum Maps option from the drop down list.
2. Alternatively, click on Curriculum Framework, and then select the Curriculum Maps option.
3. Click Add New Curriculum Map to create a new map.
Alternatively, to search for an existing map that you wish to edit, use a search preference at the top of the page or use the Grade and Subject filters along the left side of the page to enter a new search. You may use the keyword search box if you know the title of your map. Once your map appears, click the title to open it.
4. Give your map a title.
Click the yellow tags button to add Grade Level(s), Subject Area(s), and Course(s). Then, click Create.
5. Confirm the columns that you wish to appear within your curriculum map. Check any columns you do not want in your curriculum map by selecting the checkbox under Delete. You may also rename a column by typing in your desired column title under Column Name. To change the order in which the columns appear, click the drop down menu under Column Order to select a different position for the column. To add an additional column to your curriculum map, click the Add Column button. Click Save & Close when you have finished confirming your curriculum map columns. You will receive a message that the columns were successfully saved, then click Close to proceed to your map.
6. There are two types of columns:
Standards: Select standards based on a search for grades and subjects. These will include a hyperlink to the standard in our View Standards section to provide easy access to the Materials & Resources linked to that standard.
Text: A text editor that allows you to add additional information not found in the Standards.
7. The Standards columns allow you to search for and enter the Standards and Eligible Content.
Click the Edit Row button on the Section you wish to edit within your curriculum map.
Within the Matrix Cell Editor, click the Modify Standards button to select the standards that you wish to include in your curriculum map.
On the Align Standards screen that appears, select one of your saved preferences or search using a grade and subject or course combination. Select any combination of your desired option(s) from each filter. Click the plus sign to expand a filter(s) of interest, click View More if necessary, and then click the desired checkbox(es).
Click the Add Standard button to add a standard to your curriculum map. Click the Remove Standard button to remove a standard from Current Academic Standards within your curriculum map.
Click the View Eligible Content button to view and add eligible content applicable to a particular standard.
Click the Add Eligible Content button to add eligible content to your curriculum map. Click the Remove Eligible Content button to remove eligible content from Current Academic Standards within your curriculum map.
Click the Current Academic Standards tab to view the standards and eligible content currently aligned to your curriculum map. Click the Remove button to remove a standard or eligible content from the curriculum map. Click Save once you have made your desired selections.
The chosen standards and eligible content will now appear in the Matrix Cell Editor.
Click Modify Standards to continue adding standards and eligible content, click Close to close the Matrix Cell Editor, click Next Cell to begin editing the next cell in your curriculum map.
8. The Essential Questions, Skills, Instructional Resources, and Assessment columns are text columns.
When selecting the Text column type, you can edit cells using the Text Editor by clicking the Edit Row button on the Section you wish to edit within your curriculum map. Click the Save icon before closing the editor to save your work into the cell.
9. Click the Curriculum Frameworks button within your Curriculum Map to view Big Ideas, Essential Questions, and Concepts for the applicable grade and subject on the Curriculum Framework page.
10. The Options button includes the ability to add Information Boxes, Security, Tags, as well as a menu of other Options. Click the yellow Options button at the top of the map to access these options.
11. Information Boxes may contain relevant information that does not fit into a column on the map. These can be positioned at the top or the bottom of the map. Click Information Boxes within the Options menu to add one.
Add a Name, determine the location of the box, and add your content, then click Save.
The information will appear in a box above or below the map. Click the gear on the right side of the box to change it's location or delete it.
12. Map security allows you to grant access to some or all of the organizations in your district. Click the checkbox in front of the organizations you wish to be able to access the map (you may wish a map to be available to secondary teachers but not elementary, so you would check only secondary schools in your district). To access map security, click Security within the Options menu.
13. Click Grade, Subject Area, and/or Course from the Options menu to select the option(s) you would like to add. Setting these will allow maps to be searched by grade, subject, or course.
14. The Options menu contains several necessary options for creating your Curriculum Map. Here, you can also Confirm Columns, Add a New Row, Add the Map to your ePortfolio, Export the Map to Excel, or Print Your Map.
Clicking Add New Row will add a row to the bottom of your map.