Communicate and collaborate with peers through threaded discussions and forums in the Communities tool.
1. Underneath the Moderator's message within a Community, you will find discussion Forums. Each Forum may have a short description and indicate when the last update was made.
Click on the name of the Forum that you wish to enter. The speech bubble with a number indicates how many topics are under discussion within a Forum.
2. If you would like to create your own Forum, click on the New Forum button at the bottom of the Forums.
Set up your new forum by giving it a name and a description in the new forum window. Click Save and Close when you are finished editing.
3. When you enter a Forum, a list of Topics are displayed, along with who the topics were last updated by, and the number of posts within that topic. Click on a topic to read more about it or to contribute to the discussion.
4. When you open up a topic, the posts are listed in chronological order. If someone has replied to a post made by another user, their comment will be indented under the original post.
Click Reply to comment or reply to another post.
Enter your reply in the text box window that opens and click Save and Close when complete.
5. You can start your own topic within a forum by scrolling down to the bottom of the forum page and clicking on the Start a New Topic button.
Enter the details about your new topic, including a Title in the New Topic window that opens. Click Save and Close when you are finished.